Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Pretender

My Jean-Marc’s uncle was married to an English woman, and she told us once, a very long time ago, that in this world there are men of two kinds.

The one, the KNIGHT, is the man possessing only strength and quality of moral character. He will never ask a lady to compromise her honor for less than a vow, and never, ever will he consider another once he has captured her heart. A knight keeps his vow, even when it hurts, and the honor of a knight is a thing a country is built upon. A knight comes along only seldom these days.


Now, a BLACKGUARD is a man who can be found quite easily, for it is an easy thing to be a blackguard. He attempts to trick the young ladies into taking him home and caring for him, making them believe their honor can be given away as a mere trifle, offering no vow, and making only human demands. The blackguard is to be avoided at all costs, for to settle for someone like him is to settle for something less than ideal.

I Rapid City, South Dakota, Tillie Casseli meets Noah Hansen. After a weekend of fun in the beautiful Black Hills and Mount Rushmore, it's love at first sight. They make a promise to each other before Tillie goes back home promising to return again. But when she returns a few weeks later she cant's believe what she sees. Could it be real or just a mistake? But Tillie doesn't stay to find out. Is Noah a blackguard or a knight? Tillie can usually see a blackuard from a mile away. What happened this time? How could she be wrong?

I love this book so much! I stayed up until 1 in the morning I don't know how many nights. I could not put it down, my mom was "making fun" because she doesn't normally see me with a book in my hand constantly. Ta'mara had me hookat first chapter and I cannot wait to read the second book!! I could give you the whole story but that would give it away when you should really read it yourself. She has five book out and writing the sixth one as well as seven and eight. Book two is Pit of Ambition. To learn more about Ta'mara go to her website here.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great, another new author to start reading. There's nothing better than finding a book you just can't put down.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you up reading and getting into the story. One of my favorites! LOL (inside joke that you cannot have more than one favorite) Keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good books that keep you up at night...till the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one was definitely one of those books. :) thank you lady's for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just from the description I want to read this book - it seems like one I could really easily get into. I love a well written story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That comment.... to settle for something less than ideal.... Now that's got alot of meat in those few words! Looks like a book worth reading!

    ReplyDelete